Importing email & contacts directly

I have mail from other sources currently stored in the clients Gyazmail, Airmail3, Postbox, and Apple Mail on my MacBook. Can I import mail and addressbook directly from any or all of those? Thanks for your help. Ken

If you can “export the emails” from those Mac apps as eg: .eml or .mbox then you can import them into eM Client via the “Import menu” .

Also if you can “export contacts” from those Mac apps, as eg: .vcf or .csv then you can also import those into eM Client contacts via the “Import menu”.

Great! Very helpful! Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I have a text file of contacts in “name.contract” format from WinMail running under Vista .
How do I import them to em Client. ?

Does em client require imports to be in .csv format ?
Or
Can it import in .vsf format ?

Thanx in advance John

viernes 25 marzo 2023 :: 1129hrs (UTC +0100)

I am guessing that is a “typo” and YES eMC can import .VCF files
Menu ->File ->Import 
 then choose

ÂĄBuena suerte!

skybat

ÂĄLos mejores deseos desde Valencia y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemån
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

“import in .vsf format ?”
Yes a typo.

Your answer gives insight to my problem but doesn’t completely solve it !.

My contacts are in a file in ‘name’.contact format.
From your answer I see that if I convert the contents of my contacts folder to .vcf
then I can import them to emclient.

I’vee installed wirndows 10, replacing Vista under which WinMail ran. However it won’t run under W10 so exporting from that mail client is not possible. W10 displays the contacts correctly in explorer so it understands the format but it doesn’t appear to provide a feature to convert to .vsf.

I looking online for a tool but haven’t (yet) found one

All suggestions to get a file of *.contact addresses into .vsf format (or directly into emclient) are welcome !

John.

Apologies
same typo -
for “vsf” read .vcf

John

viernes 25 marzo 2023 :: 1348hrs (UTC +0100)

As you know you can not export your contacts located in the People app of a Win10 or Win11
computer to a CSV file.
However, you can do this from your online Microsoft account and the online People app.
From there, you choose Manage > Export Contacts to export the contacts to a CSV file.
You can import CSV to eMC

ÂĄBuena suerte!

skybat

ÂĄLos mejores deseos desde Valencia y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemån
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.