important Emails dissapear from server,but headers visible in em client with the message was not downloaded because you are not connected

Lot of important Email dissapear from gmail server,but headers  visible in em client with message “the message was not downloaded because you are not connected to server” and download message button when i click it say that "message will be downloaded next time that you will go onlie"therefore client is connected to server receive and send emails and can show lot of emails but some emails listed disappear from server, probably removed by em client as no other removal was done. I would like to get email back as it very serious issue.

Hello Leon, I’m afraid that if the messages are not available on the server, it’s not possible to restore them. Note that the IMAP protocol is used for synchronizing your folders between the application and the server, thus all actions performed in the client will be mirrored to the server.

If you’re seeing headers available in eM Client and not on the server, my guess would be the messages were removed somewhere else, otherwise the headers would not be available.

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? Can you make a screenshot of the issue and submit it to us here on the forum?

Thank you,

that is sad.
I use version 6.0.22344.0
if I click on download message you can see result in 2nd snapshot.
Some personal information was removed from snapshot.
I have question how to know what emails are disappear and how to synchronize properly em client mails to do not see just headers?

If you’d like to avoid seeing this, you can enable the “Download messages for offline use” option, that you can find in your account settings under Tools > Accounts > your account > IMAP.

This will allow eM Client to download the body content immediately when available. Unfortunately if the request times out we’re unable to restore the connection for this request, but if you’re experiencing this often and the message is still not downloaded after hitting “Download message” we might require additional logging data.

Are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the application’s ability to fetch the requested data?

Thank you,

Hi!
I found source of the problem, its causing folder called “All Mail” remove duplicates or any email in this folder destroy all emails or selected email. 
This mean that in all search emails are duplicated because email is visible in folder “All Mail” and in other folder “inbox” or other folder ( I use about 100 different folders).
It is very hard to work when all emails are duplicated. I need a solution for this issue.

Hello Leon, I’m not completely sure what you’re suggesting, can you please make a screenshot of the issue or the application’s behaviour? If you’re using the deduplicator feature, please note the difference between searching for duplicates in a single folder or over a group of folders.

If you’re using Gmail account, note that Gmail is using email labels that are essentially considered for folders in eM Client, if your messages have multiple labels assigned they might be visible in all these folders and the item may appear duplicated in smart folders or the all mail folder.

This is however an intended behaviour and can only be avoided by hiding the “All Mail” folder for IMAP in your online account settings on Gmail.

Regards,

Hi!
I follow your advise and disable imap All Mail , thats help to solve most issues.
The problem is when message removed from folder (in my case logicaly this mean one label  removed, google account ) it removed from all folders (message deleted instead of removing one of the label applied to email).

Hello, glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

While using labels, removing the messages from your label folders (e.g. starred, favourites), should only remove the label, however if you remove the message from your inbox or the all mail folder, the message will be removed on the server.

Regards,

Hi Paul!
I perform test on google account message was in some folder (label “Confirmation”) and it was also in “Important” folder. So it appear twice in to search list , when from this search results i remove by delete key the message from Important folder, even if it still displayed in "Confirmation"folder after application rest message is only in trash.
This is extremely dangerous behavior.
Before moving message to the trash from any folder application must perform user notification if there is more than 1 label on message (message is in more than one folder) and ask user if message to be deleted or user just want remove label from the message.

Hello again, sorry about this, this was a false information given by me.

Current eM Client support for labels is very limited, as when adding a label using your online web interface you’re essentially creating a new message for eM Client, as all devices connected using IMAP will be seeing the message multiplied since each added label will create a new message with it’s own Unique Identifier (Message UID).

But if you remove this message, the server processes this and receives a command that this message has been removed but also links the message to all your other labels, thus will remove the item from all folders - please note however that this is being processed by the server.

I’m sorry for this inconvenience, we’re working on improving this for future releases of eM Client.

Regards,