IMAP4 server as default setting for Outlook(Hotmail)

Hi Everyone,

Sinds Summer 2013 Outlook.com(hotmail.com)has enabled the IMAP4 server settings,i thought could it be an idea to make for future upgrades from em client the outlook.com(hotmail.com) the IMAP4 server settings as default because these server is faster with synchronisation with less errors,the pop server gets more errors with synchronisation and connection to the server.
Maybey it;s an idea to make the IMAP4 server settings as default  for outlook.com(hotmail.com)and make the pop server settings as an optional setting for people who prefer to use the pop server settings.
Will you think about this idea to implement this feature option with future upgrades from em client

Best regards,

Geert Van Osch

Hi, thank you for the suggestion, we are heading towards implementing IMAP as default, unfortunately at the time when IMAP was enabled on outlook.com it had a lot of bugs and we decided to stick with AirSync for this version, but IMAP can be configured manually and should be implemented as default in future versions.

Paul.

Hi,

Can you please show me an example how i can setup manually hotmail with IMAP 4 server settings because emclient  is setting automaticly pop3 server settings as default.
As Emclient has enabled the IMAP4 server settings as default with future upgrades from emclient should i remove and add again my hotmail account to automaticly enable the IMAP4 server settings.

Geert

You can manually setup an account if you switch from the automatic setup to the mail tab below while setting up a new account and select “Other”, then proceed with the steps and use the server settings information provided by outlook.com/hotmail … Use the settings and an IMAP account should be then created.

Unless you want to use the same account twice on different protocols, delete the old AirSync/POP account.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Hello,

I have setup the outlook.com account with the imap4 server settings,but my contacts are not synchronised within my emclient account i don;t see any contacts,with the pop3 server settings with airsync there my contacts were automaticly synchronised to em client and assigned to my contact accounts,my gmail accounts use also the imap protocol and these gmail accounts were automaticly assigned to my contacts list and are showing all of my contacts and are fully synchronised if something changes.

Do you also implement these contacts synchronise feature also with the imap4 protocol from outlook.com(hotmail) accounts and get also assigned to my contact list at the same way as Gmail and the pop3 server from outlook.com(hotmail)

Best regards,

Geert Van Osch

Hi, if you go to Tools > Accounts > Your account, do you see a Contacts or Calendar and Contacts tab under your account?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi,

Yes i see under default settings the option “Standard Maps"with Agenda,Task and Contacts” the fields are empty

Best regards,

Geert

Can you please make a screenshot of this setting window? And post it here on the forum?

Thank you,
Paul.