IMAP 'Trash' folder error

When I open eM Client the following error is displayed;

[IMAP] Unable to create folder “[email protected]/Trash” on the server. ([ALREADYEXISTS] create failure: Folder: /Trash exists)

I have only recently moved over to IMAP being old and conservative I’ve kept to POP3. I’m switching to eM Client I just imported the settings from Thunderbird.

Can someone please give me an idea of a workaround for this. I am using my own domain on Zoho.com.

Robert…

Hello Robert, have you imported items from Thunderbird to eM Client? Seems like you may have imported your Trash folder into your account, which causes an issue, since there can not be two identically named folders, please make sure to remove one of the folders from your server/account in eM Client and check if your default folders are properly setup afterwards in Tools > Accounts > Your account > IMAP > Default folders.

Hope this helps,

Hi Paul, thanks for your reply. For some strange reason this error isn’t occurring today. I have checked the default folders as you suggested and I can’t see anything amiss there. So as everything appears to be working well now I’ll just leave it and not fiddle.

Robert…

Hello Bob, glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across this or any other issues or questions about the application ,we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,