IMAP should open an IDLE connection to each folder

Thunderbird somehow manages to provide instant notification of email in any folder via IMAP IDLE without causing connection limit issues (I run my own server - I guess it could be a problem with gmail, etc.).  I don’t see why this should be a problem for eM Client, then.  At the very least, the ability to select a few folders for folder sync/notification would be really nice.

After submitting a support ticket about this, I got a response from an eM Client staff member saying per folder notifications would be coming in version 7.  Hopefully this will be via IMAP IDLE rather than polling every X mins.  Anyone know when version 7 is expected?  

eM Client is so wonderful for so many things, so I’d really like to be able to use it exclusively.  In the mean time, I’m using a program called EmailTray to provide notifications.  

Hi Ethan, we’re working on this feature, version 7 is expected to come out in late 2014. I understand this is a missing feature, hopefully you can manage to use the current settings in the meantime.

Thank you,
Paul.

Are there any informations when a version with this feature comes out?
I do really miss it. since then i will need to use Thunderbird instead.

Just as I noted above the upcoming version is not expected earlier that late 2014/early 2015.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

Definitely need this feature.

I would like to know how this works in the current v8/v9 product?

Can I subscribe to IMAP folders to receive instant notification of new mail? If so, how?

Also, is the Inbox automatically setup as an IDLE connection for instant notification? Because for some reason, some of my mailboxes only show new mail when the ‘sync period’ (ie: 15 minutes) gets hit.