IMAP Problems

Hi!

I’m a little bit confused because my IMAP settings seem to be incorrect but til today it worked without Problems. I have several email accounts but all IMAP accounts have the same problem (Gmail, Yahoo, Strato). In the following I have logged the Strato account.

11:33:57 Online-Status: geändert zu Online wegen NetworkAvailability
11:33:57 Strato [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder Strato/
11:34:08 Strato [IMAP]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Failed opening connection to server. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Dies ist normalerweise ein zeitweiliger Fehler bei der Auflösung von Hostnamen. Grund ist, dass der lokale Server keine Rückmeldung vom autorisierenden Server erhalten hat
11:34:08    at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient…ctor(String hostname, Int32 port)
11:34:08    at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.<>c__DisplayClassa.b__9()
11:34:08 at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.Connect(Func`1 getStream)
11:34:08 at MailClient.Imap.Base.Connection.Connect(String receiveHost, Int32 receivePort, Boolean explicitSsl)
11:34:08 at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect()
11:34:08 — End of inner exception stack trace —
11:34:08 at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Reconnect()
11:34:08 at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.Connect()
11:34:08 at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnection(Folder mailFolder, Boolean idle)
11:34:08 at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ActivateFolderCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
11:34:08 at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Does anybody have solution for this problem?

Best regards

Bernd

Hi, what version of eM Client are you currently using? Are you receiving any error messages in the errors tab of the operations window?
What issues are you now having, you mentioned it worked properly before, what’s happening now? Are you having issues with receiving emails or something else?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi!

Version is 6.0.20154.0

Screenshot of the error tab:

Red exclamation mark in the sidebar:

My issues: No IMAP account receives and sends emails. I have a Microsoft Live account which works properly, but this account doesn’t use IMAP. The calendars also work properly.

Thank you,

Bernd

Hi again, can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on IMAP and SMTP logging for the problematic account?

Also are you using any firewall/proxy software - that you may have started using recently or do an update recently?

Thank you,
Paul.

Turned it on.

I’m logged in at a business network and we use the Microsoft Forefront Server. What we did was to uninstall the client for the Forefront Server. This client normally helps to manage the Internet connections. It made some trouble on my new computer running with Windows 8.1. And obviously this makes now trouble with eM. Before that it worked (almost) perfect.

But I have fully access to the internet so I don’t understand why I can’t connect to the mail servers.

Bernd

Hi Paul,

I will take my laptop home and connect there to see what happens. Don’t have a proxy at home.

Will report.

Bernd

Hi, now if you can restart the application (or switch it to offline mode and back), and if you encounter the issue, go back to the advanced settings window and click on send logs.

Add my email as a copy to the email with the logs and add a reference link to this forum topic ([email protected]).

Thank you,
Paul.

Great! Keep me posted.

Thank you,
Paul.

Ok. Now at home, in LAN-settings proxy deleted and guess what!

No more exclamation marks :-). All accounts are synching.

Have a nice weekend!

Thank you,

Bernd

Hi, glad it works, if you have any other issues or questions about eM Client let us know, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you and have a nice weekend as weel,
Paul.

Hello,

I have made ​​update to version 6. now
I also have the problem that IMAP does not work
SMTP is not a problem

Win7 32

Hi Axel, what mail service are you using? What exact version of eM client are you currently using (you should see this in Help > About)?
Can you also make a screenshot of your current IMAP settings from Tools > Accounts > Your account > IMAP tab?

Thank you,
Paul.

eM Client V.6.0.20489.0 with IMAP error
eM Client V.6.0.20320.0 without IMAP error

I have the same problem as Axel Burghardt. Paul, you know it! Look at our sendings ticket Id 15000 and 15005. And you told me just waiting for solution! “we’re currently working on a resolution for this issue, as more users came across similar error.”

Ralf K.

Hi Ralf, Hi Axel, I’m sorry to say this, but unfortunately we’ve came to a resolution that this is a server issue. Your credentials are being sent encrypted to the server and your server is not accepting these credentials.

Please contact Strato’s support in order to resolve this issue.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

Strato is not the problem!
Thunderbird and emClient V.6.0.20320.0 has no error
how can I install it again?

Hi Axel, can you please try to download this update and check if it works with your account now?
http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20498/setup.msi

Thank you, let me know if this version solved the issue or not.
Paul.

Hi Paul,
with the update it works again
thank you
Axel

Great, glad that it works, sorry about the inconvenience, turned out it really was eM Client’s issue.
If you come across any other issues or questions about the application, let us know, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

The new version solves thre problem! Thank You very much!