IMAP paths for Gmail in non-english

What are the correct gmail paths for imap folder? “[Gmail]/Email’s enviados” seems to be autodetected by the program as the Sent folder, would that be correct? I am from brazil, Email’s enviados means “Sent emails”. Also, how could I check that it’s correct? Sometimes when I send some items to garbage it is creating in the website gmail a folder named “[Imap]/Trash”, which is not the correct one.

Hi Fernando, unless you’re using any security elements on your computer, the default folders should be detected automatically, so you should not have to worry about this settings, however if you want to check the server name of your folder right click the folder in the left pane and select “Properties” to view the details of the folder.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Hey Paul, I’ve checked, and in the properties it says “[Gmail]/Email’s Enviados” but in gmail (web) the name of the folder is “Enviados”

Yes the folder can be internally renamed in the interface.
Are you having any issues with these folders?

Paul

The first one is that trash thing I ́ve told in the OP, other than that I ́m still not very sure that the emails are going to the correct sent folder in gmail (web).

In case you want to use some other folder to store your Trash items in, navigate to Tools > Accounts > Your account > IMAP, uncheck the option “automatically detect special folders” and select the folder you want to use manually.

However I believe this should be the correct settings, as the default IMAP folders are specified during the IMAP communication between eM Client and your server.

Regards,
Paul

Hey Paul, and why doesn’t it use [Imap]/Sent or [Gmail]/Sent ? I mean, did google internationalized every folder? So in my case /Sent doesn’t exists?

I’m afraid you’d have to ask your gmail support, I believe Gmail is using your default language to name your folders.
eM Client only receives the information that this is your sent folder and should use the language setting you’re using in eM Client to display the adequate name in eM Client.

Regards,
Paul