IMAP doesn't work.

I have Yandex IMAP problems with eM Client. It doesn’t connect well. It doesn’t automatically sync at the start sometimes. Sent folder does not sync at all, it is completely empty. Maybe because I have huge amounts of email at the server, but I don’t have such issues with other clients. So for my experience, eM Clients is not a reliable imap client.

Hello,

I remember you from chat, have you installed that patch I have sent you?

Also Yandex is with Yahoo one of most buggy email service provider ever existed, our workarounds should make life with it easier but it is impossible to workaround all their faults with standard implementation and constant server unavailability.

I can try to help identify your issue exactly but I am almost sure that it is one of those problems that we have suppressed to not show too often.

In this case I would need your IMAP logs, Tools - Settings - Advanced, mark off IMAP under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

make same steps that leads to your issue and send logs… to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL (preferably) or at least subject.

after this you can turn logging off.

regards
Jan

Hello again John,

Yes I have already installed the patch. Before that it was not working at all. But it is still problematic. I have sent you the logs, as you suggested. Thanks.

okay, when I will receive your log I will look at it and post here more info. But as I have written with Yandex we have only make some workarounds not full issue resolve.

best regards
Jan

Thanks, could you as well recommend some webmail services with imap support, apart from gmail? Yandex has unlimited space, this is why I’m using them.

Hello,

for all users, there are still error in Yandex, our newest update at least makes life easier but we will need to find (if possible) better workaround.

their servers are still almost non responsive and it might cause issues with receiving emails.

regards
Jan