Images sent inline from Gmail show up sideways in Em?

Just curious. I guess it’s nothing earthquaking. I sent an email within Gmail with an inline photo right ways up of course. I’m not sure yet if you can drag and drop images in Em. But when I went to view it on eM in the sent folder the images showed sideways. I freaked a little thinking I’d sent it sideways but when I went back to Gmail online in the Sent folder it was rightside up? Why does eM show them sideways? Thanks!  Jack  ":-Dx

Hi Jack, what version of eM client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About? Have you by any chance edited the photo using the gmail’s interface? If not, can you please make a screenshot of the issue from eM Client and from the Gmail interface?

Thank you,
Paul

No, I did a drag and drop from another folder. Did not flip. Now the photo could have been flipped in it’s history in Irfanview but I don’t think so. But I can’t say 100%/. But as of today no, not.

Version

What I see in Gmail is a right side up in the SENT folder. This is what I see in eM Client

Hi again Jack, when you’ve dragged and dropped the picture while composing the message was it already rotated? Is the message displayed identically in your webmail (e.g. Gmail)? If not, can you please make a comparison screenshot of how the message is displayed in eM Client and in the webmail interface?

Thank you,
Paul

I am going to visually show in detail if this helps. A pic is worth a thousand texts! :slight_smile:

Side by side on the desktop. This is how Explorer looks to the left before I drag and drop. Gmail online is on the right ready for the drag and drop. Note the images in explorer are upright.

Here’s what it looks like when it’s been dropped on Gmail Compose email

Here’s what it looks like on Gmail online when I received it back from the server after sending it to myself

When I open eM Client and view the same message it looks like this

Hi again Jack, can you please export the received message out of eM Client and send me the exported message as an attachment to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

I believe this might be caused by a pre-set of the picture that may be ignored either by the gmail web app or by eM Client.

Thank you,
Paul

Paul, if you’d wish that above I’ll still do it. However if in your mind you wonder if the original photo taken was sideways … it was. In Irfanview they were rotated and then saved. I guess that does not alter the pre-set? So if that determines the preset then there you go. However, Gmail has the ability to render it as “dropped” … I was just curious why eM did not also have the ability to render it “as sent.”  I"ll wait to see if you still need the above task.