Image Quality Problems

Maybe a bit late but : have you compared a pasted “original” image with the “real original” image?

If you paste an image from the clipboard it may look the same, but it is usually not the original image but a “screenshot” of it. Therefore, it can be heavily decreased in quality against the quality of the original, but you won’t see that on screen because the display of the original is pasted into the e-mail.

@NoSi1 When i paste an original image inline using (as original) as my above screenshot dropdown into eM Client V8 message window, it comes out received at the other end inline (exactly the same res and dpi etc ) when i then save it back to my PC. So eM Client is faithfully not changing anything when pasted inline as original.

eg: My original image today before pasting into EMC was 3264x2448 at 76dpi and pasting as original into EMC then arrived at the other end and resaved to pc is exactly the same 3264x2448 at 76dpi. The picture looks exactly the same.

Please consider that eM Client shows images wrong size even if you paste image in original size. I have placed a ticket long time ago. The developer has confirmed this bug, which is caused by the Chromium core (used to rendering the e-mail body). That applies mainly to 4k displays.
Following screenshot speaks louder than words…
So when you solve image issues, don’t forget about it.

It depends on how clipboard is used to retrieve the original and how clipboard is supported from the program where the image is transferred into clipboard.

Depending to source, OS, clipboard settings, supported formats you may retrieve a copy of the original or something that looks like the original but is more or less different to it.

If you want to assure that the original will be sent, you should append it as a file instead of pasting it.

Don’t get me wrong! The images imported to e-mail body have their content binary unchanged. If you save the image again it is identical to the original file. The only problem is bad scale eM Client uses for images in body view. The same e-mail in other client shows images right scale.
Everything I wrote here concerns to images imported from file. Like a screenshot above when I save it from this forum it is byte to byte identical with the old saved screenshot. I never use clipboard for image transfer because of issues You wrote.