I'm receiving spam in my inbox on eM but not on my regular web gmail account. Why aren't my gmail filters working for eM?

My eM inbox is FLOODED with spam messages and I just get more and more by the day. I log into my web gmail and my inbox is empty. It’s almost as though the filters I set up in gmail is not being automaticly set up in eM. I want my eM inbox to be nice and clean and organized like the web version. I have at least 70  filters and for obvious reason’s I am not willing to recreate them as rules just for eM.

I guess Gmail uses its labels for sorting and filtering the emails into different “folders”.

EmClient may have access to the Gmail inbox itself and does not know about those lables or sorting mechanism.

Did you set up GMail using IMAP or using the native protocol during the setup of your account?

Michael

It is set up on IMAP as port 993

Hello Daniel,
can you please set up IMAP logging for your Gmail in Tools>Settings>Advanced?
Restart eM client after you do and wait for another spam email that appears in your inbox.
Then go to the advanced settings again and send the logs to [email protected] with a link to this forum topic in the body of the message.

Regards,
Olivia

I’ll just have to wait for more spam to come in then. I figured something out you might think is useful. My inbox in browser is nice and tidy. HOWEVER, the latest spam email i got was from Micro Center. I sid an in browser search for “Micro Center” and sure enough it came up with the “Inbox” label. How odd is that? It doesn’t show up when I open my inbox but I can only see it when I do a search. Why is that?

EDIT: And no I don’t have a specific filter for Micro Center. I checked.

Hello Daniel,
if Gmail adds an Inbox label to a spam email, that would explain why eM Client cannot send it to SPAM but to Inbox.
eM Client only reads the labels that Gmails send it. Have you tried contacting Gmail support about this?

Regards,
Olivia

i don’t think gmail has a support page. At least not one where I can talk to a person. I read the docs and they say nothing on the matter.

Hello Daniel,
we can check the IMAP logs to see what information is being sent from the server.
Go to Tools>Settings>Advanced and turn on IMAP logs for your gmail account.
Restart eM client.
When another SPAM arrives to the Inbox, go back to Advanced settings and send the logs to [email protected] with a link to this Forum thread in the body.

If the spam mails are being sent with an Inbox label though, then we have no way to differentiate between the actual Inbox mail with Inbox label and spam that has the same label.

Regards,
Olivia