I'm always getting "connection terminated prematurely" - how can I soort it please?

I cannot get any of my emails to download and always get this message - what could be the problem please?

I think my mailbox is too big - how can I sort it please? thanks

Hi Sheila,
could you please take a screenshot of the error message or copy the content of Tools > Operations > Log tab here so I can determine what is causing the problem?

Best regards,
Olivia

21:35:54 [email protected] [POP3]  Connecting: To [email protected]
21:36:24 [email protected] [POP3]  MailExceptions.SocketException: Connection failed due to the following reason:
21:36:24     “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
21:36:24    at MailClient.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
21:36:24    at MailClient.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
21:36:24    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
21:38:18 [email protected] [POP3]  Connecting: To [email protected]
21:38:49 [email protected] [POP3]  MailExceptions.SocketException: Connection failed due to the following reason:
21:38:49     “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
21:38:49    at MailClient.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
21:38:49    at MailClient.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
21:38:49    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
21:40:58 [email protected] [POP3]  Connecting: To [email protected]
21:40:58 [email protected] [POP3]  Connected: To [email protected]
21:41:00 [email protected] [POP3]  Downloading messages: From [email protected]
21:41:00   MailExceptions.OperationException: Connection terminated prematurely
21:41:00    at MailClient.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.ReadMail(Int64 messageSize, Int64& downloadedBytes, Int64 totalBytes, WorkerStatus status)
21:41:00    at MailClient.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
21:41:00    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

I’m trying to change the port numbers between 110, 25, 995 but none seem to be working but don’t actually understand their relevance sorry. what should the standard settings be for the port number and if SSL etc is needed please?  Regards  Sheila

Hi Sheila,
please change the port numbers back to the default ones. The port number and SSL setting depends purely on your server, so these should be configured correctly through the automatic setup.
I think the problem could actually be from a third application that blocks the connection.
Please make sure you have an exception set up in your antivirus software and windows firewall for eM Client, of try turning them off for a while to see if it solves the issue.

Best regards,
Olivia