I use an older computer with windows 7 and I am planning to get a new computer soon. I ordered the pro version with unlimited upgrades for eM Client but didn’t activate it because I want to know that if I get a new computer in a few weeks and junk the current one that I can activate the eM Client on the new one without any charge.
anyone know about this??
You can activate the license on the new device, and the old one will automatically deactivate.
Also, the best way to move eM Client to another computer, and to ensure all your data and settings are brought over is through Backup and Restore.
On the old device:
- Create a backup through Menu > Backup (Menu > File > Backup in eM Client 7 and older)
- Find the .ZIP backup file and move it to your new device (default in …\Documents\eM Client)
On your new device:
- Install eM Client (Download eM Client for Mac | eM Client)
- Skip initial setup
- Restore from your backup through Menu > File > Restore. If you put the backup file on the new device in the same folder structure as the default (…\Documents\eM Client) the restore will find it right away, otherwise, you’ll need to specify the path where the backup file can be found (Menu > Settings > General > Backup).
- Activate your license in Menu > Help > License