ICS URL using anonymous authentication fails with "Forbidden"

Hi,

Please let me know how I can setup eM Client to sync with an external ICS URL using anonymous authentication. I’ve been unsuccessful so far. Here is what I tried…

I am trying to add an external ICS URL to sync from an Outlook.com shared calendar. The calendar is publicly shared via a private URL. When I add the ICS calendar URL, I have to provide dummy login credentials, since the setup “wizard” doesn’t allow anonymous account setup. Once the eM Client account is created, I can change it to anonymous authentication. However, the communication immediately dumps exception “9:48:09 AM xxxxxxxxxxx [CalDAV / CardDAV] MailExceptions.OperationException: Subfolder synchronization for folder “xxxxxxx” failed with following error: Forbidden”

Thank you!

Hello,

we support this only in limited matter, one time synchronization should be good but automatic synchronization will not work as this is not CalDAV.

regards
Jan

Hi Jan - Thanks for the quick response. I guess I’ll have to find a server-side solution to hook-up to my CalDAV server and do the sync there. Do you guys know of anything written in PHP / cURL that could do it? In the meantime, I’ll go use some Bingfoo… cheers!

Hello,

this is hard to suggest for you because you alone know better than us what do you need exactly from that server.

but there is list on Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CalDAV#S… which can help you choose solution for this issue.

regards
Jan

Will there be support for ICS properly (i.e. 2 way syncing) any time soon?

A one-way sync (www -> eM) of an ICS URL using anonymous authentication would be a great start.

I have found CalDAV is best for 2-way syncing.

Hello,

unfortunately not, we are now focusing on features requested by more people.

regards
Jan