iCloud 2 step authentication

Hi there,

I have set up iCloud with 2 step authentication and this works well with browser/iphone/mac etc. When I try to add an iCloud account to em client, it says “Unauthorized” even though I am sure I used the correct username/email and password. So I believe this to be a problem with iCloud 2 step authentication. Is there any possible workaround other than removing 2 step authentication from my iCloud account?

Cheers
Steffen

Nevermind, I just discovered app specific passwords for iCloud

Hi Steffen, glad you were able to resolve the issue, when setting up a two step verification you need to setup an app specific password to use with the application.
Let us know if you come across any other issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

Dear Paul, I have the same problem… I use the app specific password generator from Apple.com but eM does not recognize my account at all… what should I do?

Hi, we’ve tried to get some more information about this issue, but it seems like the setting should work.
Users of two-step verification on iCloud have reported that this can be an issue with multiple applications however, so it is possible the setting is not completely ready for use.

Some iCloud users however have reported issues while using the app specific password due to incorrect password. Have you copied the password into eM Client from your browser? If so, please try to copy the password into a text file, and make absolutely sure there are no extra spaces before or after the app specific password, safari has been causing this issue for a lot of users.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Have an icloud account and I am having problems with the 2 step verifications process (i.e., getting authentication failure).

I also looked around in passwords and security page in “My Apple ID” but there does not seem to be a way to set up app specific passwords anymore… 

Can someone help with how I can set this up properly?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Edmond

Hello Edmond, if you don’t have this option in your account settings of your iCloud account, the option is not available to your account, please make sure if you have the option enabled or not and check if you’re able to setup the account using your standard password. (The option is not available for my own account either, so it’s quite possible the option is not available in all regions).

Regards,