I want to close down my email with you. It is linked to my gmail account. Will it delete all my emails in my gmail if I delete the account?

I want to close down my email programme with you, as it doesn’t do for me what I was expecting. It is linked to my gmail account. Will it delete all my emails in my gmail if I delete the account?

Generally when a Gmail account is setup in eM Client, it uses IMAP. That means all that eM Client does is provide a cached copy of what is on the server. Removing the account from eM Client will not remove the messages from the server.

Sometimes when importing the account settings from another application, if that application was using POP3, then the account will be setup as POP3 in eM Client. Removing the account from eM Client will delete the messages because they are stored on the computer only.

To see which you have, go to Menu > Tools > Accounts, and click on your Gmail account. If it has IMAP/SMTP tabs, you can safely remove it. If it has POP3/SMTP tabs, you will need to export your messages first.