I love your product. However, I get a lot of spam

My ISP (verizon) has a spam filter and emClient has one also. The majority of the spam issue is due to the following: Say a message comes from a server named problem.foo.bar. I can bar or filter mail from that domain. Next time, the message comes from newServer.foo.bar. or newServer.problem.foo.bar. Can you wildcard domain issues, or do you integrate with any of the purchasable individual solutions ( in other words not for server) spam filters products?

Thanks and keep up the good work

Mike

Hello, unfortunately eM Client does not filter your email as it does not include a junk filter feature, we do have a blacklist feature that allows you to manually ban domains or email addresses from being received by your Inbox, however this is a basic rule that’s applied when a new unread message is delivered to your client inbox.

Junk filtering options are considered a server feature, as the server is able to recognise spam messages before they’re received by your inbox and can filter out your email even when the application is offline.

Regards,

Paul,

Thank you for your quick reply. Are there any 3rd party solutions such as cloudmark desktop that integrate with em Client?

Mike

I only know about Spamihilator for example, however most servers include their own spam filter, but there are advanced solutions that you can connect on your mail server that collect information about junk mail from all their users which improves the amount of email filtered.

Regards,