i just installed malware protection - now i cant "download pictures from senders". i click on download pictures but nothing happens.

I tried changing my privacy settings to “display… people in my contact list” and “display… all messages”  but nothing happens

Hi Emiliano, what version of eM Client are you currently using?
Have you tried disabling the email protection in this malware software you’ve installed, it seems like the issue might be more likely related to that software.

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi paul,

I am using version 6.0.21034.0.  I am guessing its the malware since it worked before I installed it

Hi again, just as I noted previously, try to disable the application (malware), and check if the issue persists.

Thank you,
Paul.

hi,
i uninstalled the software and the problem still exists - for sending emails it states “bad username or password” but it is correct user name and password

i also restored my computer to an earlier date when I knew eM Client worked but that only resolved the “downloading of pictures” issue.

Hi again, what version of eM Client are you currently using and what mail service are you using in eM Client?
Do you have the malware protection software enabled or did you disabled this protection?

Thank you,
Paul.

hi,

i am using version: 6.0.20899.0

i use Verizon  mail service

i uninstalled the malware software
thanks
Emiliano

Hi again Emiliano, unfortunately Verizon servers are having some issues with eM Client’s authentication method, we’re currently investigating the issue and hopefully we’ll be able to find a possible solution.
However we believe this issue is a Verizon issue, as no changes to SMTP authentication were made from our side.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

Also please follow this topic for more information about the issue:
https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/authentication-failure-on-verizon-net-for-outgoing-mail-h…

Thank you,
Paul.