I installed eM Client but my MS Exchange account with its features doesn't appear in the left side of the user interface layout

I installed eM Client but my MS Exchange account with its features doesn’t appear in the left side of the user interface layout, I only see the Smart Folders section and the Local Folders section (this last created when I imported emails from .pst files).
Something should have gone wrong during installation because I don’t see my Inbox updated and my calendar doesn’t update either, even though in the Unread folder under Smart Folders it does show me the emails in my inbox updated.

I’ll try uninstalling eM Client (version 6.0.24432.0) and re installing it, just to check if I get something different. I’ve already backed up the database with the security copy, and also backed up the .dat files manually and the Local Folders in a .eml file, I guess I have everything I need.

Looking forward to reading your comments and suggestions.

Hi Oscar,
did you set up the Exchange account during the setup? Is it present in the Tools>Accounts window?
That would explain why you get no new emails, becuse you only have your local data imported and not the actual email account.
Reinstall won’t solve this, seeing as your database will stay the same.

regards,
Olivia