I have two free licenses.

I have two free licenses. One for my wife’s email address and on for my email address. I think I am allowed two email accounts per license. On my wife’s license I have her email address as one account and my email address as the second account. On my license I have my email address as one account and my wife’s email address as the second account. Every so often I have to re-activate our license on both computers. Is this a problem?

Hi Richard,
the way you describe it should be alright with eM Client, can I ask which release you’re running? Is there any other error or warning appearing?
Do you have an exception for eM Client set up in your firewall and anti-virus software?

Best regards,
Olivia

I am running version 6.0.23181.0.  I did not have exceptions setup in Windows firewall or my anti-virus. I just now set them. The only warning I ever received is the warning that I did not have a valid license. I would shut down eM Client and restart it and then it would let me reactivate the license. This only happens once in a while on both computers. My firewall was set to notify if it blocked an app and it never notified that it blocked eM Client. My anti-virus always pops up to tell me when it blocks anything and it has never told me it blocked eM Client. This is not a big deal to get the license reactivated. I will wait to see if adding the exceptions helped. Thanks for the quick response.

Hi Richard,
thank you for your cooperation, I checked your licenses and they seem to be fine, so I’m having a bit of a problem finding out where the issue might be.
Are you using only one device each? Or did you input your license into more computers?
Could you screenshot the error message for me next time it pops up?

Best regards,
Olivia

I have an old computer that has both of our email address on it but we have purchased a new laptop for my wife and do not use it any more. Both email address are still in that old computer. She was booting up the old computer once in a while to get information she needed for the new one and that was probably causing the problem. She has since stored the old computer and does not use it at all. I will boot up the old computer and remove the two email accounts from  eM Client  That should solve any problem should we ever boot it up in future. Thanks for helping with your suggestion as to what the problem could be. I think you solved the problem. If the invalid license warning comes up after this I will let you know.

Hi Richard,
I’m glad we managed to find the possible solution.
Just a recommendation, instead of taking out the addresses, make sure you deactivate the license in Help > License. Its not as much about the addresses as the license itself being active in different devices :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Olivia

I will deactivate the license as you suggest. I do appreciate all your help.

Richard McCoy 

I booted up my old computer and the license was already deactivated. This morning when I booted up my computer and started eM Client. I received the message my license was not valid.

Image enclosed

The problem is still as I stated in my first post.

Richard McCoy

I think I solved my problem. I must have had a senior moment when I put eM Client on my wife’s new computer. I put my license on her computer instead of putting her license on. That should have been the first place I looked when the problem arose. I changed her computer so it now has her license on it instead of mine.  Sorry for taking up your time, but my senior moments are happening to often and lasting way to long.