I have my free licence and activation code but as no emails are coming in I can't see the code - where do I next?

the demo period has expired box pops up and no emails are coming in or out. I have obtained my free licence and they have sent me an activation code but because no emails are coming in I cannot see the activation code - where do I go from here? Alison

Hi Alison,
check your email alternatively through a web interface to obtain your key.

Regards,
Olivia

I think I need a password to access the account through a web interface and this is my Mother’s account and she has no recollection of a password - what next?

Hi Alison,
as unfortunate as this is, she surely must have had the password to set up her account when she installed the demo version, or she would not have the email in eM Client.
If she cannot remember it, she’ll have to contact her email provider about resetting or retrieving her password somehow.
Alternatively, if you tell me the email under which you registered your license and give me an alternate address (one that does not have a FREE license registered) I can change the address from your current license to a different one and generate a reset email with your license information to it.

Regards,
Olivia