I go to the account tab, then the diagnose tab. I press diagnose and the SMTP server is not working. I don't know what else to do.

I go to the account tab, then the diagnose tab. I press diagnose and the SMTP server is not working. There is a button next to it to fix the problem. After which, the problem is then fixed. However, I try to send out an email after and it sits in the Outbox and never sends. I don’t know what else to do.

Hello, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? What mail service are you using with eM client?

Are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the application’s ability to connect to the server? If so, please try to temporarily disable the software or setup an exception for eM Client in order to allow it to connect to the mail server and check if the issue persists?

Regards,

Gmail account and can’t get eClient to sync. Errors every time. How to get help??

Go to Menu > Tools > Accounts.

Check you have the following settings for your account, depending on which protocol you use:
IMAP - Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy) Port 993
SMTP - Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy) Port 465
POP3 - Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy) Port 995

Gmail setup should actually be as follows: