I get constant error messages, backend error and invalid credentials. Any idea how to fix?

Hi, can you please make a screenshot of the error messages, you’re receiving and post it here?
Also what version of eM client are you currently using and what mail service are you using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Tne error message says essentially what a previous message said: “Invalid credentials xa6mb256902672pab”  Above this it says, “Password required”.  Of course, I’ve tried entering my password but to no avail.  It simply keeps asking for my password.

I can download my email from cableone.net (which uses gmail) into Ourlook but not into eM.  Previously, I had no problem with downloading into eM; the problem started when my system went down because of a power failure.

Thanks,  Ed Stevens

Hi again Ed, is this a Google/Google Apps account then?
How did you setup the account, did you use the automatic setup? Are you using two step verification on your account?
If so, please make sure to generate an app specific password for the account to use with eM Client.

If you’re not using two step verification, please check if you have this setting set to “Enable” https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps , to enable access using your standard web access password.

Thank you,
Paul