I DOWNLOADED YOUR UPGRADE AND LOST ALL INBOX MAIL AND ALL MY CONTACT LIST

UPGRADED YOUR SYTEM AND LOST ALL IN BOX MAIL AND MY CONTACT LIST.WANT OLD SYSTEM BACK.

Same problem here, after upgrading to 7.0.27943.0 all stored mails are gone.
Was there a change in the user folder.
The actual folder is %appdata%\user\roaming\emclient
Need urgent help!

I believe they have really screwed up with this upgrade. The installation did not reload my current data file and then proceeded to load an old backup from 2015. I’ve lost all of my current folders and emails that I have saved with important value.

Everything lost with us too Help

Hello,
seems like you accidentally skipped the data import from eM Client 6.
Please try the Menu>File>Import>Import from eM Client 6 option.

I lost all my old E-mails to. And when I tried to Menu>File>Import>Import from eM Client 6 option. it didnt help at all… What now?

found it, ok now… puh

How can I stop this stupid banner to upgrade to version 7, I hate version 7 its very bad design all hidden buttons for 16 years old not for business use. I keep getting this banner to upgrade every day. I can not find the tick in the setting to stop this update. 

I’ve tried this a few times now and it just loads my data from 2015. My file has either been overwritten or there needs to be an option to locate the previous file that existed before the upgrade. As for now I am just counting my losses and moving on.

There was no “accidentally skipped the data import from eM Client 6.”
I recovered my old system with the help of the system recovery, which happily made a snapshot before upgrading to v7. I than started the upgrade again with the same result, there is no warning message, telling me to import the old data, it just starts as a plain new version. Period.
That is a pain in the ass. How many people like us jumped into “panic mode” and wasted hours of their life only because todays “drag-and-drop”-programmers can’t code anymore?