I connect to office 365 exchange account. Emails over 4000K sits in my outbox and stops other sending.

I am using EM client ver 6.0.24928.0. When I send an email with an attachment of 4000k or more it will sit in the outbox and not send. If I send the same email in my same EM client from my hotmail account it will send fine. I can’t seem to find settings restricting size on the EM side of things but is there a time out setting or something that needs configuring??

I am happy to turn on logging etc

Other users to same exchange office 365 using outlook don’t have issue.

Ryan

Hello Ryan,
the size limit for the attachment is actually set on the server, eM Client has no such setting - it just tries to send that message and when it’s declined by the server, it stays in the outbox.
You can check the Tools>Operations window for errors and log when this happens again and copy the message here, but I believe you need to increase the limit on the server.

Regards,
Olivia

See how to increase the size limit on this Microsoft office blog post, for example.

Regards,
Olivia

Thank you for the link I have sent it off to the admin people to check. However it states the default is 25MB and I can’t sent 5MB files?

I can do a test send from EMclient using hotmail and office 365 and turn logging on.

Does this help

12:01:55 PM [email protected] [Exchange Web Services] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Inbox/’
12:01:57 PM [email protected] [Exchange Web Services] Sending email
12:01:57 PM [email protected] [Exchange Web Services] Sending email: Test Email
12:02:23 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder list
12:02:26 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Inbox/’
12:02:30 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Trash/’
12:02:31 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Sent/’
12:02:35 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Drafts/’
12:02:38 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Junk E-mail/’
12:02:41 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/eforex/’
12:02:45 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Hunt/’
12:02:48 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Baby/’
12:02:53 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/jobs/’
12:02:57 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/nerrine/’
12:03:01 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/VOIP/’
12:03:06 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/forex/’
12:03:10 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/House/’
12:03:14 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Completed Plans/’
12:03:19 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/stuff/’
12:03:23 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/slips/’
12:03:27 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/dattogear/’
12:03:31 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/EG/’
12:03:33 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/HiabNewcastle/’
12:03:37 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/internode/’
12:03:40 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Smithing/’
12:03:44 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/GPS/’
12:03:49 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/funnies/’
12:03:53 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Bikes/’
12:03:58 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Doubler/’
12:04:02 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/ASurf/’
12:04:07 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Trades/’
12:04:10 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Business/’
12:04:13 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/SP/’
12:04:18 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Trash/POP/’
12:04:24 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Inbox/’
12:04:27 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/ryan’s calendar/’
12:04:33 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/ryan’s calendar/’
12:04:42 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/ryan’s calendar/’
12:04:50 PM MailExceptions.OperationException: Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/ryan’s calendar/’ failed due to the following error: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable. —> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
12:04:50 PM at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
12:04:50 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.Protocol.ActiveSyncCommandRequest.GetResponse(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
12:04:50 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
12:04:50 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.<>c__DisplayClass2e.<>c__DisplayClass33.b__2a(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
12:04:50 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
12:04:50 PM — End of inner exception stack trace —
12:04:50 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
12:04:50 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
12:04:50 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’

Hmmm well that one sent it was 4 jpegs will try a single 6mb pdf file as that is usually what I send eg pdf files

Looks to be a timeout issue perhaps with the one large file

2:20:11 PM [email protected] [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Bikes/’
2:20:11 PM [email protected] [Exchange Web Services] MailExceptions.ConnectionException: The operation has timed out —> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
2:20:11 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
2:20:11 PM — End of inner exception stack trace —
2:20:11 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
2:20:11 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
2:20:11 PM [email protected] [Offline Address Book] Synchronizing folder list
2:20:13 PM [email protected] [Exchange Web Services] Sending email: Testing Large Email

Hi Ryan,
unfortunately this still seems like the same size limit error.
Please tell your admin that the EWS protocol has built in limit for request length and larger messages that you send hit the limit. Urge him to adjust the server settings and make sure that the setting “httpRuntime maxRequestLength” is set to 20000 for 20MB limit or to 50000 to 50MB limit.
Let me know if it helped you please.
Thank you.

Regards,
Olivia

Thanks Olivia, I have asked them to check. I don’t think they have actually logged in to check yet so it is frustrating as no doubt its a 5 min job to do at most.

It does seem something to do with the exchange as my Hotmail with EMClient sends large files. It is weird that multiple jpegs sent but not a single large file. I will do some more testing today.

Ryan