I can't synch with my exchange account properly. - Folders work, content doesn't.

Hey,
I’m using the current verion (6.0.23421.0) and I’m trying to synch with an exchange account.
The folders synch properly, but the mail, callendar and tasks don’t.

I assume my e-mail and password are correct, since the folders can synch. my account settings are:

E-Mail *****@hotmail.de
Server: m.hotmail.com
Authentification: Use login information of the same account.

All other options are still set to default. I know that e-mail and server should work, because they do on a mobile app.
On startup I get the following protocol:

05:36:08 Online-Status: geändert zu Online wegen NetworkAvailability 
05:36:08 *****@hotmail.de [AirSync]  Synchronisiere Ordnerliste
05:36:17 *****@hotmail.de [AirSync]  Synchronisiere Ordnerliste
05:36:18 *****@hotmail.de [AirSync]  Synchronisiere Ordner ‘*****@hotmail.de/Postausgang/’ 
05:36:19 *****@hotmail.de [AirSync]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Ungültige Daten beim Decodieren gefunden. —> System.IO.InvalidDataException: Ungültige Daten beim Decodieren gefunden.
05:36:19    bei MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.GetSyncKey(Folder folder, IItemContext context, CancellationToken cancellationToken) 05:36:19 &nbsp; &nbsp;bei MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken) 05:36:19 &nbsp; &nbsp;bei MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer2.<>c__DisplayClass2e.<>c__DisplayClass33.b__2a(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
05:36:19 bei MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
05:36:19 — Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung —
05:36:19 bei MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
05:36:19 bei MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Sorry for the german messages, but I guess you should be able to work with the function calls.
I really hope the resolution won’t be to delete mail and other content until the synchronisation works. No idea if I’ll get erroneous content again and I really wouldn’t like to use the hotmail webinterface on a regular basis.

Hi Steven,
you say this is an Exchange account, but the logs show that the account is trying to synchronize using AirSync, which is not the correct protocol (you need Exchange Web Services).
Go to Tools > Accounts and remove the account from eM Client and using New Account add it again, but instead of the automatic setup add it in as Mail > Exchange.

Best regards,
Olivia

Hm, ok now I get:
20:18:55 Online-Status: geändert zu Online wegen NetworkAvailability
20:18:56 *****@hotmail.de [Exchange Web Services]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Couldn’t get server version.
20:18:56    bei MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeFolderSynchronizer.GetExchangeVersion(WorkerStatus s, CancellationToken c)
20:18:56    bei MailClient.Protocols.Exchange.ExchangeGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
20:18:56    bei MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Acc details:
Name: Necrotarch
E-Mail Address: *****@hotmail.de

Username: *****@hotmail.de
Password: definetly correct

Server: https://m.hotmail.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx

Using the accounts authentification info.

Hi Steven,
could you test your server through this page > https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/ < and either copy the results here or send it to my email [email protected] with a link to this forum topic?

Best regards,
Olivia