I can't sync contact category changes in em client to outlook.com

I’m using eM Client v6, and I’m having issues syncing contact categories to outlook.com. When I make changes to outlook and sync, the alterations are synced just fine with eM Client. But not vice-versa - Any changes made to categories on eM Client are not synced with outlook.com

Is this expected behavior? If so, are there plans for further development to support category syncing from both directions?

Thanks
Andrew

Hi Andrew, I’m not completely sure what you have in mind by categories sync. eM Client does not support category synchronization with outlook/hotmail/live.com accounts . Categories that can be set by right clicking an item are for local use only as there’s currently no standardized way to synchronize categories with your mail service.

Regards,
Paul

That’s interesting. When I set up “Groups,” as outlook calls them, they come across to eM Client as “Categories”. Any changes I make to the “Groups” in Outlook are transferred as corresponding changes to the “Categories” in eM Client. I just assumed that they were being synced. This would be a powerful update to eM Client for those of us forced to use Outlook in the Corporate field.

Hi Andrew, I’m not completely sure what you’re referring to. eM Client nor Outlook support category synchronization over the AirSync protocol (for use with an outlook.com account), it is also not possible to add group folders to an existing outlook.com as there’s only one available contacts folder.

Can you make a screenshot of the issue or what exactly you’re referring to?

Regards,
Paul