I can't send email

This is a new installation on a clean installation of Windows 10. Diagnosis and repair both fail with or without firewall and antivirus. I have tried it with full email login and UID. It is a verizon.net account. I have read through other posts and tried all the solutions I could find. 

I can’t remember if I posted this somewhere, but I had a similar issue not so long ago. Everything was fine, but I couldn’t send.

Restarting the router solved the problem.

Otherwise look in Menu > Tools > Operations in the Log tab and see if there is some hint to the issue.

Thanks for the reply. I have restarted the modem, no luck. this is the error from the log: 2:29:25 PM     “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”

Go to Menu > Tools > Accounts, click on the SMTP tab and try each of these combinations in turn with your anti-virus still disabled:

Port 587 = Force usage of SSL/TLS
Port 25 = Use SSL/TLS if available
Port 465 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

I tried all three, no change. Any other suggestions?

Maybe ask your email provider?

As a last resort I added the same account, used automatic setup (as I did the first time) and tries diagnose and then fix on the second account. It passed. I changed the settings on the first copy to match the second and it still would not work. I deleted the first account and the second works perfectly. Very confusing but it works.

Are you sure your anti-virus/firewall application was disabled?

yes

Maybe ask your provider.