I can't reply or send email. In the "From" box it says no contact. Did I do something wrong in the setup?

New client just downloaded. All my emails show up but can’t reply or send.

can someone help with this problem!!! Email me please

Hello,

What email account service do you use?

Can you please look into Tools - accounts - your account if you have SMTP tab there?
Also can you please attach screenshot of your SMTP tab? I need to know what port and security do you use.

regards
Jan

I am with twc.com (time warner). There is no SMTP tab. The IMAP says port 143. I don’t know how to do screen shots.

With twc.com. no SMTP only imap port 143 don’t know how to do screen shots

Hello,

then please re add your account manually, Tools - Accounts - Mail - Other. You will find all information you need on your email account provider’s support.

SMTP is service for sending emails, if you do not have it then you can’t send emails, sometimes it is necessary to add account manually.

regards
Jan

Okay did that. Tried to send an email and got an error message. " SMTP server doesn’t support authentication" Now what do I do?

Error message when trying to send “SMTP doesn’t support authentication”

I think I know what happened. When I go to tools - accounts- I don’t have " mail. At the bottom it has New account, Delete account, Set as default.

Is there a support contact number I can call. This texting back and forth isn’t working for me. I want my email working.

Hello,

What is your SMTP port and authentication? Tools - accounts - your account - SMTP tab.

regards
Jan

Hello,

Of course you have no mail account if you have not created one, please create account exactly how I have described in my post above.

regards
Jan

Got it working. Thanks for your help!

Got it working! Thanks for your help.

Hello,

I am glad that I could help you :slight_smile:

Just to inform other users with similar problem, automatic setup sometimes does not receive all information from server, if this is your case (just check Tools - Accounts - you account, all tabs) and if there is one missing (that should be there) best way is to delete account and add it manually.

regards
Jan