I cannot send Yahoo e-mail and I am not getting error messages.

I cannot send Yahoo e-mail and I am not getting error messages. The problem is not with the server, as it works fine on my other devices.  I see from this site that this is a frequent problem.

I’ve had a similar problem with Yahoo Mail and eM Client. Finally, out of frustration, I’ve had Yahoo forward everything to my Gmail account, which has always functioned better. So I don’t have the problem anymore but that isn’t the way I should have to resolve the issue. There is a reason I keep and use Yahoo Mail, even if it isn’t my primary email these days.

Hi, can you make a screenshot of your account settings? What version of eM client are you using and how long are you having this issue?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi, I am using v 6.0.20154.0 of eM Client. I’ve been having the issue constantly since Wednesday or Thursday of last week. I have had it intermittently since I bought eM in early to mid February. 3 photos are attached.

Hi, I see your account is not enabled, was that done by accident or is it just temporarily disabled while you were taking the screenshot or is that your regular setting? Is it possible that’s causing the issue?

Thank you,
Paul.

It was done intentionally by me yesterday after having to deal incessantly with the problem. The problem was not that Yahoo Mail wasn’t working but that eM couldn’t log in to it successfully. My solution, at least temporarily, was to disable the account in eM and then go to the web browser of Yahoo Mail and have it forward all Yahoo Mail to my Gmail account. This has been a successful way to deal with the problem but so far I only view it as a temporary solution. So the answer is, No, that isn’t what’s causing the problem at all.

Ok, so the issue was that you’ve been constantly asked for authorization from the application?
Can you please enable the account and change authentication credentials in the General tab…

I believe that if you change the login name from [email protected] to only ‘msaltzny’, it will work properly. Please note that you have to change the authentication only, all other fields containing your full email address should stay the way they are.

Thank you, let me know if this works for you,
Paul.

I’ve tried it and so far no problems. I will be able to really tell once I get some emails to that account a bit later this morning.

Great, this solution so far worked for most users having this issue, let me know if you have more issues connected to this.

Thank you,
Paul.

Thanks for your help.

Congratulations to Mr. Saltz for getting such a prompt reply.  I never got one to my original question.   I’m just going to do what he initially did–switch from Yahoo to GMail.  And if that doesn’t work, I’ll switch to an email software developer that answers my questions.

Hi, I’m happy to help you with any kind of issues you might be having, can you make a screenshot of your account settings as well?

Thank you,
Paul.

It started working now for no apparent reason.  But I’ve seen on these forums how frequently Yahoo has problems, so I’m going to switch to Google regardless.  If it fails before I switch, I’ll try what you suggested to Mr. Saltz and contact you if that doesn’t work.  Thanks for your response.

Hi as I mentioned to Michael, this is a common problem for yahoo, that has been resolved recently (at least we believe it was resolved), no users reported having issues with the new setup, so hopefully it will stay that way and it will work for you too.

Thank you for understanding and sorry if I didn’t answer your question right away,
Paul.

Paul I keep getting this message. I cant send email from yahoo but the settings are all good. this one keeps popping ing 

Hi Hasan, can you please switch to the “Log” tab when the error occurs, copy the content of the log and post it here on the forum? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About?

Thank you,
Paul

I set up my eM Client account yesterday and had initial problems sending e-mail from my yahoo! account.  I was able to fix it by adjusting the SMTP server to “smtp.att.yahoo.com” instead of the default “smtp.mail.yahoo.com_”.  _

My e-mail is a bellsouth.net address that I’ve had for years.  The SMTP server setting was found as an option in my Thunderbird client and I tried it with success in my eM Client configuration.  It’s been working for the past 24 hours.  Hope this is useful for someone else.

Hi Rob, thank you for sharing your solution regarding this issue, this seems to be an AT&T email account specific setup, have eM Client automatically configured a yahoo SMTP/IMAP address when setting up your AT&T account?

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact version number in Help > About?

Thank you,
Paul

Paul,
The auto-configured settings for eM Client didn’t allow me to send any e-mail from my Yahoo! account.  When I dug into my Thunderbird settings and found the default smtp setting of “smtp.att.yahoo.com” it solved my issue.  

The eM Client version I’m running is 6.0.21372.0.

Rob

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul