I can not send emails - I get need to authenticate 5.5.1 error

I have put in my info and password - Your system even fixes my connection on my outgoing smtp but when I try to send and email it says I must authenticate error 5.5.1

Which email provider are you using?

I am using my web.com one to my web site   [email protected].  I used to be able to email out on live when I was with Cincinnati Bell,  When I changed providers I can get mail in but not mail out.   I tried Outlook and can mail out but i hate the interface.   Same with thunderbird and mailbird.   I love your interface and ability to import all of my email from live but once again can’t email out.  At least your system says what the problem is.   I could not email out at first with thunderbird and it talked about my certificates.  I somehow went around that and was able to email.  could using Avast be a problem?  

Antivirus can cause some difficulty. You could try disabling your antivirus and see if that makes a difference.

Other than that, check you have the correct settings for your SMTP. I think Use SSL/TLS on port 587 will work. You will find this in Menu > Tools > Accounts and then in the SMTP settings for your account.

do you know how to delete download history - I downloaded yesterday and got all kinds of thing dowloaded and not from my live - deleted program and made corrections - downloaded again only same stuff was there

If you mean your database, yes. Close eM Client and delete C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\eM Client.

OK I will try it   thanks