I am running 6. It works fine but I always get error: From address is not one of your addresses. ??

well, no, it does not send.

gosh, this issue has been around for year.  Common eM, what’s up?

Hello Tom, if you’ve experienced this problem for so long, why haven’t you reported earlier? I’m not quite sure what you’re referring to, can you please make a screenshot of the error and copy the content of the log when the error occurs? Submit it to us here on the forum for more information about this issue.

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Thank you,

thank you for the response.  I have not experienced for a long time.  But looking at these threads, many people have.  This error message has been popping up for years  now. 

The version is 6.0.22344.0 and this message occurs after boot up and after attempt to email.

Hello, are you using any security software on your computer? Or possibly aliases with your account? Unfortunately this means the server you’re using can’t accept the message as it is being sent using a different set of credentials perhaps or some external application is messing with the message content. Please switch to the log tab when the issue occurs, copy the content of the log and submit it to us here on the forum for more information.

Also please make a screenshot of your SMTP settings in Tools > Accounts > Your account > SMTP.

Regards,