I am getting Error 2356

I am getting Error 2356 anybody have any ideason how to fix???

Hi Dave, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About?
Can you please make a screenshot of the error you’re seeing?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi, I hope you can help.

Attached is the screenshot you asked for.

Version 6.0.2140.0

Hi Dave,

Maybe it will help to first uninstall eM Client and then re-install it again.

But before you do this: please make a copy of the folder in which eM Client is storing it’s data (so you will have a backup of your data).

Or maybe something went wrong with downloading your current MSI file, and you should try to download it again.

Have done all you said and this is what I get now??? I have just installed a new version ???

Hi Dave,

The period of contacting the license server is independent of the version installed.

I assume you have a (free) license? Did you enter that license in eM Client (Help > license)?

Can you visit the license server via your browser? I’m sorry I don’t know the URL of the license server by head, but it has been mentioned a few times in this forum … I hope you can quickly enough find it …

Hi, can you please try to install eM Client using this update, http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21364/setup.msi or try to remove the application from your system and reinstall it?

If the issue persists, please also check the version of your .NET framework installed on your computer, you should be able to do so in the list of installed programs under your control panel.

Thank you,
Paul

I have uninstalled and installed again and the problem still insists.
I have checked the .NET framework installed and it is  4.5.1
What now???
Regards,
Dave

Hi Dave, can you please try to check if you can install other .msi (windows installer) applications?
e.g. http://www.adobe.com/go/sw_msi_installer , I’m afraid this is a system issue that we are unable to support.

Thank you,
Paul

I have got it working by goint to File>restore
All up again
Dave

Hi Dave,

I’m glad to read that eM Client is working again for you!

Happy New Year!

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any future issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul