I am currently not able to send or receive emailas... Is it a server issue?

I am currently not able to send or receive emailas… Have checked account settings. I was getting the message asking if I wanted to check account settings but that has stopped. Is it a server issue?

What are your settings?  Can you post a screenshot?

Every 10 minutes I’m getting error messages for IMAP and STMP saying it could be server unavailablilty (I’m pretty sure it is) or incorrect settings.  I’ve checked the setting and am happy.  If it’s the server I guess it’s just a ‘patience game?’

Check your port settings in Menu > Tools > Accounts,

SMTP
Port 587 = Force usage of SSL/TLS
Port 25 = Use SSL/TLS if available
Port 465 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

IMAP
Port 993 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
Port 143 = Use SSL/TLS if available

POP3
Port 995 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
Port 110 = Use SSL/TLS if available

These are the correct combinations of port and security policy. The underlined ones are the best option for security if your server supports them. SMTP port 465 was reassigned and should no longer be used for SMTP, though many mail providers still recommend and use it.

If they match one of these combinations, and you are still experiencing problems, then it would be necessary to see the error message. You can find that in Menu > Tools > Operations.

It is on 465 for SMTP but 993 for IMAP.  From what you explain therefore, my limited knowledge tells me it’s server unavailability.  The message is saying it could be temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings.  I have checked settings.  Any other thoughts anyone?

Who is your email provider?

BT/Yahoo.  I’m currently emailing direct from it

Check that you have the following exact settings:

SMTP
Host : smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port 587
Security policy: Force usage of SSL/TLS

IMAP
Host : imap.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 993
Security policy: Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

If your email address contains @btinternet change both the hosts to mail.btinternet.com

If those are now exactly like this, and you still can’t send or receive, disable your anti-virus and firewall and try again.

If that still does not work, contact your email provider.