I also need to transfer from Windows Live Mail to eM Client.

I’m a bit of a luddite and need to transfer emails from windows Live mail to eM Client. I’ve transferred the folders but there are no messages. I understand that export/import only transfers file headings but I’m now stuck. I save emails in the Windows Live mail storage now I need to get them out.

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for trying out eM Client. We’re sorry if the Menu -> File -> Import - ‘Import from Windows Live Mail’ function of eM Client didn’t transfer your data, the import from WLM will be improved in the 7.1 version.

In the meantime, you can export your e-mails from Windows Live Mail into .eml and then import them into eM Client through Menu -> Import -> Import from folder with .eml files

Regards,
Maurice

Dear Martin
I’ve found out the reason why the folders cant be imported.
I’ve placed all my folders in WLivemail under ‘Storage folders’. Apparently you cant move those folders out of storage so I’ll have to highlight each message, cut and paste into the non storage folders and that will then enable the transfer into your email system. What a pain!!
Yours Jennifer

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for the update. This process could perhaps be easier if you used the Ctrl+A shortcut that selects all the messages.

Regards,
Maurice