HTML Emails Not Displayed

None of my received email is displayed as HTML. For example, I just did a password reset request so I could log into this forum and this is how the footer looks:

All text formatting such as bold is removed and images are replaced with this sort of string [cid:image002.png@01D04A91.D340B150]

This error is occurring with every email from any source so there’s no point me sending any one example.

I’m using an IMAP connection to connect to Exchange 2007 where most of my email comes from other Exchange users but I’ve also tested receiving mail from Googlemail. I can compose HTML email and send it fine but I cannot see in the reading pane or after opening the message window.

I’m trying to like emClient as I’d like to move entirely over to it but there are a lot of problems that I hope can be fixed first.

Hi Luke, unfortunately I’m not completely sure what you’re referring to, can you make a screenshot of the issue and submit to us here n the forum?

Also please check your reading preferences in Tools > Settings > Mail > Read.

Thank you,
Paul

This is the notification I received from your reply here. I editted out the end of the hyperlinks:

Here’s the settings you mentioned:

Hi again, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About? What mail service are you using with eM client?

Can you also please check the version of your Internet Explorer currently installed on your computer?

Please make sure your Internet Explorer is up to date and check if the issue persists.

Thank you,
Paul

Internet Explorer 11 Version: 11.0.9600.17631 Update Versions: 11.0.16 (KB3021952)

eM Client 6.0.21372.0

I’m testing this against Exchange 2007 and this issue does not occur in Outlook.

Hi again, can you please forward the corrupt message as attachment to my email, mcgregor@emclient.com with a reference link to this forum topic?

Thank you,
Paul