How to STOP eM Client from getting emails?

I use an email client to read and reply to emails.
I use another software to control my INBOX then calls my email client to download from the server whats left and allows me peace to read non spam emails.
How do i stop eM Client from automatically downloading my emails?
I have turned OFF synchronising. Makes NO difference.

Check out this article as it might shed some light on your question.

1 Like

I use an email client to read and reply to emails.
I use another software to control my INBOX then calls my email client to download from the server whats left and allows me peace to read non spam emails.

Wow that sounds complicated. Are you doing it this way due to your own server mailbox has no Spam filtering or Limited Spam filtering ?

domingo 31 octubre 2021 :: 1506hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Peter_Kerr

You do not say so I am guessing you are using IMAP so dependant upon the program you use to control your inbox you will probably need to change to POP this will stop automatic synchronisation (the download of emails)
If you do this you will need to:
First backup eMC … Menu ->backup
Create a POP account
Copy all your local IMAP mail to POP
Disable IMAP on your computer - you can delete once you are certain that all is working well
I have presumed you have your inbox control software installed locally.
If you have your own mail server there are other alternatives.

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Peter, if you wanted to keep Imap, you can do a couple of things.

1. Shutdown emclient at night.
  2. run your prescanner and let it call emclient. Now, at least everything that came in since you left work is handled as you like.
  3. When you return to your email, use your pre-scanner first. It will delete the emails and they will be removed from emclients inbox before you open the program.
  4. This can be repeated a few times each day.

The result of this procedure is that the vast majority of your spam will be handled as you like. emclient will do a reasonable job of filtering a lot of the rest. Sadly, emclient doesn’t seem to have a way to select a few emails for deletion without previewing when the preview mode is on. So, if you use the preview mode, getting rid of the few that slip through isn’t perfect.