How to remove signature from replies?

Hello! I’m using the free version with a Gmail account. I’ve synced my signature from Gmail and want it to appear only on new emails, not on replies. I’ve checked, and “Not selected” is the option I have selected under replies in the signature section. I’ve also checked my Gmail preferences, and everything is correct there, too. Deleting my signature from every single reply is driving me crazy…is there any way to fix this?

2 Likes

I have this problem as well…would love a solution!

Has this been addressed yet?
This annoys me too, i’m always deleting my sig, especially on fwd’s.

@jessau

I’ve synced my signature from Gmail and want it to appear only on new emails, not on replies

I’ve checked, and “Not selected” is the option I have selected under replies in the signature section

Does this with the latest V10 Beta ? or it it happening with the older V8 or V9 ?.

I haven’t seen that problem with V8 or V9, but do see that with the latest V10 Beta 10.0.1495 on Gmail accounts (on some Win 11 computers), even though the same identical signature is specified also for replies and forwards set to “Before Quoted Text”, the signature doesn’t automatically appear for Replys or Forwards “Only new mail” which seems like a bug.

So if you are using the V10 Beta and getting this issue, you will have to manually insert the signature for Replies and Forwards “via the insert sig icon” under the subject till fixed in a later update.