how to include the contents of hotmail sub-folders and sent items

I’ve just installed the application for the first time and it successfully downloaded all of my “Inbox” emails from hotmail. In Hotmail, I have set up other sub folders containing emails. I can’t work out how to download the sub-folders or even just their contents. Also my sent items didn’t download.

Can you tell me how to include the contents of hotmail sub-folders and sent items please?

Hi,
it works like that because Hotmail isn’t IMAP but POP3.

Regards,

Milos Kovalcik.

Well thanks for that but I’m not familiar with this technology so your reply means nothing to me. Is this product just for IT experts? Maybe I missunderstood the advertising.

Sorry to be so lame and non-technical.

So, in non-IT speak, are you telling me I can’t download emails from sub-folders or sent mail in hotmail?

If so, are you suggesting I don’t use hotmail anymore because it doesn’t work with you package?

Hotmail works with protocol POP3. POP3 simply doesn’t support synchronization of subfolders and Sent folder. It isn’t associated with eM Client it wouldn’t work with any email client. Alternative is newer protocol IMAP used for example by Gmail.

Regards,

Milos Kovalcik.