How to import win 10 contacts and email into emclient

I am trying to upgrade to emClient on windows 10 which says it fully supports. However I simply cannot figure out how to import my contacts and prior emails from the win 10 mail client into emClient. can anyone help? If I can’t figure this out then it’s back to the default Win email client.

Thanks,

-Dennis

Hello Dennis,
in the upper menu click File>Import… and in the option window choose to ‘Import from Windows mail’. The rest of the import wizard should walk you through the steps.

Regards,
Olivia

When I attempt to do that it says that Windows Mail does not appear to be installed on this machine. Did you try that?

Hello Dennis,
I am very sorry for the confusion, I assumed it would be such and didn’t realize that Import is for the old Windows Mail app (from Win XP and older systems), not the Windows 10 Mail.
While our program runs on the Windows 10 Operation System, it does not mean we support all its apps (which are separate from the System). We’ll try to look into it, but I am afraid that seeing as even the application itself does not seem to have an export function at all, it is not possible for us to directly import from it at the moment.
If your mail account isn’t set up with a POP protocol though, you should be able to synchronize all your mails and contacts if you set up your mail account directly in eM Client in the Tools>Accounts section.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Olivia

Thank you Olivia,

This has turned out about as expected. Everyone is saying how great Win 10 is but my experience is that the essential apps are sorely lacking in basic functionality from previous Windows versions. There is no export in Mail as you noted. You cannot bulk delete messages. You cannot create your own email folders. There is no spam filter. The photo app is another example but I won’t bore you with the details.

I would suggest one thing though. In your advertising for emClient you should indicate that not all the functionality of other versions of emClient is available in Win 10. Not due to emClient of course but due to limitations in Win 10.

Thank you,

-Dennis Koble

Hi Dennis,
yes, I tried to look for a workaround and looked into the Windows 10 mail app in more depth to see how to export your data, but it seems as bit of a trap and once you start using it, it does not make it possible to leave with your data. Which is rather alarming.
I’ll talk to our advertisement department about the specifications of the Windows 10 support, and we’ll try to see if there could be an alternate way of extracting data from the Windows 10 mail app in the future.

Regards,
Olivia