HOW TO GET CORRECT LAST DAY OF MONTH RECURRENCE

Although the calendar can set recurrence on the 31st of every month, what happens in months with fewer days? answer - no recurrence. There should be enough intelligence to cope with monthly recurring last days. Anyone know of a fix -? developers: any ideas? Surely not the first time this question has been asked!!

You would think this easy, but I can tell you its something that quite few major vendor are struggle to implement.

If you need an event happen on the last working day of the month:
At the event window -> Recurrence. Set the frequency to monthly -> Pattern -> Last+Friday of the month.

If you need the last day of the month, you need to manually create an .ICS (iCal) entry using notepad:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART:20110731
DTEND:20110731
RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY;BYDAY=SU,MO,TU,WE,TH,FR,SA;BYSETPOS=-1;WKST=SU
SUMMARY:Name of your event
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

Hope this helps.

Did not work: this is my version. Did not accept without 'T…: info
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART:20120831T000001
DTEND:20440831T235959
RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE,TH,FR;BYSETPOS=-1;WKST=MO
SUMMARY:MONTH END EVENT
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR
Any ideas? I want to capture an event that happens on the last working day of every month for ever, or at least until I die :-),

The ICS entry is for the last day of the month, not the last working day. As I described above, if you need to create an event that is by the last working day of the month, eM is capable of doing so by change the recurrence pattern:

At the calendar event window -> Recurrence. Set the frequency to monthly -> Pattern -> Last + Friday of the month.