How to Export Categories and Rules

Is there a way to export the email Rules and the Categories so that I don’t have to spend the time and effort again to create these rules and categories.  I have almost a 100 categories and rules that would need to be recreated.  I found this out when I upgraded to V7.  Is there a way to perform this for backup, as well as, migration purposes.?

Hello Pat,
Rules can be exported with your settings using the File>Export>Export settings to XML file and just check the Rules to be exported along your other data.
Unfortunately there is no way to export Categories, but they should be saved if you do a backup of your whole database.

Regards,
Olivia

So I have V7 and one issue that is not working is the create event from IMAP email to my gmail calendar.  I was informed that this works in V6 but not V7.  I am contemplating going back to V6 until that is resolved.  Do you know the status of this resolution?  Also if I migrate back and decide to back up my data, can I restore the data in V6 and expect the Categories and rules to be there?

Thanks!!

Hello Pat,
if you mean the option to create meeting from message, that will be fixed in the next BETA.
When you install V6, it will pair back up with your old database and settings (but your mail data will resynchronize, if you have IMAP/Exchange accounts).
So the old rules and categories will be there, but not any that you made anew in V7, as it has its own database.

Regards,
Olivia

Thank you.  Any time frame on the fix?