How to disable avatars?

As the title says, I don’t care much for the avatars. For me, they don’t add anything, they’re just disrupting the clean eM Client interface I love so much.

I couldn’t find a way to disable them, am I missing something here? If not, please add the option to disable them…

1 Like

Thanks for your quick reply. But this does not seem to help. Maybe I was not clear about the issue, or it should be possible to fix it through the contact options, as you suggested.

By avatars I meant those that appear which each of my email accounts, not avatars for contacts, if that’s a thing. If it should be possible through contacts options (which would be kinda weird), it does not work for me.

1 Like

Ah yes, account avatars. You cannot delete or disable them, but you can choose something less obvious.

Go to Menu > Accounts and click on the account avatar. You can choose from the list or select your own. Maybe create a white box in your image editing application and use that.

Well, for me the only possible solution would be the white box idea, if that works properly, off course. But just giving customers the option to choose themselves whether they want avatars or not, sounds quite a bit more logical to me… I mean, that would be less work, especially when having to adjust 6 accounts like that.

1 Like