How do you pull up old e-mails from same sender

How do you pull up old e-mails from same sender

Hello Paul, I’m not quite sure what you’re referring to as pulling old emails? If you’re using your account with IMAP or any other synchronisation service, you should be able to synchronise all the available folders from the server, thus if the messages are available on the server, you should be able to synchronise them with e Client.

Hope this helps,

Thank you for taking the time to reply but your response is a little over my head.  In my old Outlook when I had all my “Inbox” e-mails for the day in front of me, I could go to the top (much like EM has a search box and write in the name of someone who had sent me an e-mail. Outlook would then pull up all past e-mails from the sender and I could review past communications.  When I place a name in the search box in EM Client I get nothing.  I don’t know whether or not I should be doing a different operation or perhaps when I switched from Outlook to EM Client the messages on Outlook did not synchronize and were assimilated into EM Client (which I hoped they would be).  Does this seem more clear?

Paul

Hello Paul, I really can’t provide more information unless you share more information about your setup with us. What mail service are you using with eM Client? Are you using an IMAP account? What version of eM Client are you currently using in eM Client, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Thank you,

1. gmail
  2. IMAP
  3. 6.0.22344.0

Hope this helps

As I’ve previously suggested the application should automatically synchronise all your folder content while using IMAP. Can you please make an example of what you search for or make a screenshot of the search output from eM Client and submit it to us here on the forum?

If you type a name of a contact into the search field, make sure the contact is saved in your contacts folder, also searching for the exact email address can improve the search result if for example, the user ID is missing from the message’s headers.

If you search for content of the body message, make sure your messages are all available and synchronised with the application - in order to do that you need to have the “download messages for offline use” option enabled.

Thank you,