How do I save my OLD email MESSAGES to my NEW email ADDRESS connected using eM Client & not have emails get deleted once I delete the acct?

Hello,

My old email address has become obsolete.  I am not tech-savvy and I came across eM Client.  I connected both my old email address and my new email address to eM Client and put the old email messages into folders and transferred (by way of copying) those folders to my new email address that is connected to eM Client.  Everything appears okay (so far).  Could anyone tell me if I have done this correctly?   My objection is to save all the folders containing email messages to my new email address.   Also, if I delete the connected accounts (email addresses) from eM Client, will those folders also be deleted within my new email address once I log into it?  Thank you for any help

Hi,
From what you’ve said it seems like you are using POP email; probably the simplest solution would be to implement IMAP which would then mean that your email would be stored on the email servers rather than locally on your machine  which then would give you far greater flexibility to view your mail from any machine of your choice at any time… just a thought.

Hello,

Apologies.  I guess my question was confusing or unclear.  Let me try to explain what I’m trying to do/accomplish.  My old email address was/is being made obsolete.  I needed to find a new one, which I did (Hotmail).  I also needed to transfer a bunch of  email messages that I wanted to keep from my old email address to the new email address.  Rather than forward each and every saved email message, I downloaded eM Client and connected both email addresses (old and new) to eM Client.  Once I connected both email addresses to eM Client, I proceeded to make folders and put the email messages into folders and transferred those folders to my new email address (Hotmail) while connected to eM Client.   However, I noticed something strange.  While still in eM Client , if I happened to delete an old & unwanted email message from my new email address, then if exited eM Client and physically logged into that new email address, the email would be deleted there too.  What I want to know is, if I delete my new email address (connected account) from eM Client, would all those folders that I transferred to the new email address through eM Client be deleted from the actual new email address once I logged/sign in???  Hotmail and my old email address use IMAP.   Thanks for replying and for any help.