How do I save attachments with the eSaving aail, esp photos?

When I save emails to a document file like WORD, the attachments do not save with it.

This Help process is much too complicated and time consuming. I have a simple question. I want a simple answer.

Hello,

attachments can be saved by right click on them and choosing “save as” or “save all attachments”

emails can be saved/exported by right click on email and selecting save as.

to be honest I was unable to find out what does eSaving aail, esp means, but eM Client can save attachments and emails with attachments inside so this looks like problem with Word or another software you are trying to use - for that you will need to contact their support.

with regards
Jan

Thanks for the reply. It looks like it’s not going to do what I want it to do, which is save the email and the attachment as one doc. I often save my emails as journal entries, and/or into my Ancestry file, and would like an easy one step process instead of three or more.

I don’t even know what eSaving aail is or where it came from. I wrote simply “email” and eSaving aail is what showed up and it wouldn’t accept an edit so I let it go as it was. Patience is a virtue . . .

Sorry about the “esp” abbreviation. I should have written out “especially”.

Thank you again.

you’re much welcome and thank you for your understanding :slight_smile:

with regards
Jan

A related question - if I have been mailed a number of photos in a single email, do I have to download each one individually - I can’t see any “download all attachments” option
Thanks

Hello,

If you right click on one attachment there should be “save all attachments” if your are running on 5th version.

If you are on 6th version then there should be “select all” and then right click on one of those selected and “save as”.

with regards
Jan

I just started using eM Client in exchange for Mozilla’s Thunderbird, which was crashing daily.  Thunderbird had a feature however that I am missing (I think) with your product:  I was able to click on multiple saved emails, then RIGHT-CLICK and export them in bulk–along with any attachments in an email–to a created folder on my Desktop and save them.  I am in real estate sales and during the course of a transaction there are several emails exchanged–many with attachments–that I would like to remove from my email account and save into a folder on my computer.

Is this process something that you can walk me through on eM Client?  Thanks.

Hi, you can export emails into .eml files by just drag and dropping them onto a folder on your computer or basically anywhere on your computer or go to File > Export > Export messages into .eml files, however with the export feature you can only export all messages from a specified folder.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Thanks!  For me, the limiter of being able to transfer a specified folder’s contents is not an issue, as the saved emails from my real estate transactions are given unique folders for each, and when that particular transaction completes or closes, I ideally burn a CD with all of the documentation (and hopefully emails), allowing me to delete all on my computer’s hard drive.

By chance is there a one-drag way of copying the ENTIRE specified folder’s email contents over into a folder on my Desktop?  Or does each email in that specified folder have to be highlighted using the SHIFT button, then mass-moving over to the created EMAIL folder on the Desktop?

Hi again, you can only select all the emails in the folder by using Ctrl+a, or just use the export feature in File as I mentioned previously.

Thank you,
Paul.