How do I recover my eM client from Carbonite backup

restore problem

Hello Mike,

First of all, we can in no way guarantee that the backup will be functional since external backup tools make backups even when eM Client is running and usually damage the database. eM Client backups in version 7.1 are however significantly improved and will also run in the background when eM Client’s turned on.

The default location of the database is in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\eM Client. You can try replacing this folder by the same folder from your Carbonite backup (eM Client has to be turned off for the whole process), but it’s unfortunately very likely to be damaged. Replacing the folder of course means your current database will be lost, so do make a copy if you’d like to retain in.

Regards,
Maurice

Thanks for getting back to me.  I do have the folder you described in my Carbonite backup, but can’t locate it on my present computer with eMclient 7 installed.  Is this appdata file for eMclient hiding under another name in my present system?

The appdata folder is hidden, so make sure you check the box for display hidden items.