How do I highlight a folder that has a new email

Hi,

How do I highlight, ie change the color or change to bold, an email account or folder that has new email in it.

Right now if eM is minimized and I receive and email, then goto EM, I have no idea which account or folder has the new email in it. I have to go and click on every folder.

PS I do not want to use a combined, or unread folder. Lots of my folder have unread emails in them, I just need to know which has a new email in it.

TIA

Currently there is no way to do that. Sorry Chris.

I started looking more in this forum, it looks like people have been asking for this basic functionality for nearly a decade.

Is it even on the list to be implemented?

Who knows. We are all just fellow users here.

@cburke1

How do I highlight, ie change the color or change to bold, an email account or folder that has new email in it.

As @Gary says you cannot highlight or bold new emails at this stage.

However I take it you have setup rules to automatically move new emails to specific folders and want to see which of your folders have new “Unread Emails” and “How many new emails” in any folder at a glance.

Example my Gmail account account where i have a rule setup to move and incoming specific email address to a folder call “Mal”.

When that new email address arrives, the email moves automatically to the “Mal” folder and also it “does show next to that specific folder” the “New email message number” eg: 1 new message in this case. So i know at a glance that there is new email in that folder. Don’t need to highlight it by color or bold.

See example below.

As the Unread Number then disappears after you have read it, then to remind you later of new emails, suggest to “Flag” any new emails read which will then show in your eM Client "Agenda (on the right) to then read /action again anytime. The Agenda also shows you “The folder location” of the new email.

PS I do not want to use a combined, or unread folder

If you do have the “Unread” combined folder at the top for all of your accounts, You can actually see which folder the “Unread email” is found in (At the top right of the email) as in this example is “Mal”.

You can then also flag that email “from the unread combined folder directly” to then show in the agenda as above.

1 Like

I started using the trial version a day ago. I am satisfied with all functionality except the most important of all… which is the reason I wanted an email client in the first place… highlight of all email account that received new email. This is a simple functionality in any email client. My not seeing this implemented by the end of my trial period, will tell me how serious & reliable this company is. And I will be out for good.

We are all just users here. Threats will do nothing.

Please don’t duplicate your posts. You gave the exact same comment at:

Please don’t do that.

Thanks, but that doesn’t work for me.

Forget that I have folders and rules…I have 15 IMAP email accounts. Even if I did mark all Read, it still won’t work for me.

Say I zero everything out…then I get a few emails in a few of the email accounts inbox. When I maximize, I see unread numbers. The problem is that I don’t want to zero them out again. I might look real quick at the new emails and I’d want to leave them unread for later. The next time some emails come in I can’t tell where they are.

Flagging things doesn’t help because then I’d might as well just read them all, but that’s not how I work.

This is the simplest of functionalities, and I really can’t believe that nearly a decade of complaints and asks hasn’t turned into anything.

Because I use system notifications, all new message notifications are handled by Windows Action Center. That way I can scroll through all new message notifications, which are in the order received. Don’t know if that is of any help, but it helps me discover what the unread count refers to.

1 Like

@cburke1

The problem is that I don’t want to zero them out again. I might look real quick at the new emails and I’d want to leave them unread for later.

What i do in that case, is then (Right click) on the Read email (Subject) in the folder and select (Mark as Unread) and then go to another email in that mail folder. The Unread number count then comes back next to the folder.

Note:- EM Client gives you at least a sec or so after selecting unread on the menu, to then select another email to read, so doesn’t effect the Unread status. I believe you can also adjust that in settings.

You can also add “Mark as Read” & “Mark as Unread” buttons to the toolbar. Right click on the blank space at the (far right end) of the toolbar and click “Customize”.

This is basic option which is available on Mailbird, so sad its still not there on emCient.