How do I continue the numbering in an ordered list in the body of an e-mail?

I used to be able to have an ordered list in the body of an e-mail composed in eM Client where I’ve inserted un-numbered lines between numbered lines and had the numbering continue. I don’t quite remember how I did that, but now there doesn’t seem to be any way to do it in the client.

The result should look like this:

1. some text
  2. some text

some text

1. some text

Any suggestions?

Hi, you need to have enabled writing in HTML format, then you will have available toolbar in “new messages” window where you will be able to turn this feature on :slight_smile:

Jan

Hey Jan,

Thanks for the reply.

I do have HTML enabled (Tools > Format > HTML is checked), and I do have the Ordered List button in the New Message toolbar. However, what I’m trying to do is control the numbering of the ordered list, i.e. tell the ordered list which number to start with. In HTML, this would be done with the start attribute of an ol tag.

For example…

1. Item 1

2. Item 2

3. Item 3

A line of text in between the ordered list, and then continue the numbering.   

1. Item 4

2. Item 5

3. Item 6

I can’t seem to get to the HTML of a New Message in the eM Client to add that start attribute, nor do I see where to control that attribute using the menu items or toolbar in the New Message window.

I’m guessing my only remedy, then, is to use the Insert > HTML menu item and type out all of the code as I’ve done above. I can do that, but it’s just not very convenient. Being able to control the start attribute of an ordered list through the menus or toolbar would be much cleaner.

Also, the Insert > HTML feature is implemented such that I have to type all of the HTML from scratch. If I select part of an already typed e-mail, the Insert > HTML menu item simply opens a blank window rather than a window with the selected text along with its HTML tags. It would be much easier to at least show the selected text and accompanying HTML tags in the window that opens, or provide a mechanism for the user to edit the HTML source of the message directly. This is a standard feature in Thunderbird and other mail clients.

Let me know if I’ve missed something about eM Client that would make this simple editing job easier. Thanks!

I see, unfortunately only way how to do it is really that insert - HTML in new message window.

Jan

I would like to second this - I use ordered lists all the time and would also like to restart numbering exactly what the original poster details in his message.

Hi, I’m not completely sure what are you having issues with. You can use numbered lists in body of emails, it’s located in the formatting menu.

Thank you for clearing this up,
Paul.

The issue is not that we do not know how to create ordered lists its that we want to be able to have an ordered list with text in between, or in my case an image.  For example I want to be able to do this:

1. item 1
  2. item 2

3) Item 3
4) Item 4

The reality is that as soon as I add a carriage return the numbering starts again at 1 and not 3.

Thanks

Mike

Hi, ok, this is unfortunately not possible at the moment, we’ll consider adjusting this for future releases.

Thank you for pointing this out,
Paul.

That would be great - thanks Paul.  Its the only thing I miss from Outlook to be fair - a great great system otherwise.

No problem, we’ll see what we can do about it. But in the meantime if you really need to achieve this, you can see the HTML in post above and use the HTML to achieve this by right clicking the mail body and selecting Insert > HTML.

If you use the _ol _tag with the  start=“X” property, you can create lists starting by “x”.

Maybe this helps at least a little.
Paul.