How do I connect with my server when none of my 13 passwords works on the paid version.of your product?

I keep getting error messages that say “Invalid” or “In progress”, but my passwords never work. Please call me at 773-420-3477 or email me at [email protected] to let me know your answer or suggestions.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Quick Response for Simple Question Needed.

Can you tell me how to use [email protected] and a new password to log into my account when all I get are “Server says Invalid Credentials” and “Server says Login in Progress.” When I enter my email and new credentials, Em Client only responds with the above messages. Please help me.

Hello,

can I ask what email service provider do you use?

regards
Jan

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Jan,My ISP is Network Solutions for Outlook. Please help. Thanks, Frank.

please use one topic only for your issue, multiple threads prevents successful solution.

are you able to login to outlook.com?

regards
Jan

I am able to Login to outlook. But there was nothing but my question here instead of a conversation. Can you send me a download of em client that provides for a clean installation without these “Invalid” and "Login is in progress messages? I can uninstall my present version of client to accomodate a new product download.

I do not understand why you are using forum when you have paid support, you can’t access our paid support site?

regards
Jan

I don’t know how to access paid support.

I will contact you on email.

Hello,

you can access paid support on this link http://support.emclient.com/

regards
Jan